- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk quantity divided
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup granulated stevia/erythritol blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned works fine
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup candied pecans (1/2 of the amount the recipe makes)
Pour one cup almond milk into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top. Allow to sit, undisturbed for about 5 minutes to allow gelatin to bloom.
Meanwhile. in a medium saucepan, whisk together the granulated stevia/erythritol blend and the eggs. Whisk in pumpkin and pumpkin spice. After gelatin has bloomed, whisk in gelatin.
Bring the mixture just to a simmer, then remove from heat. Allow to cool about 5 minutes at room temperature, then cool in the refrigerator, uncovered for 45 minutes. stirring occasionally. Do not cool too long or the mixture will set.
Remove pumpkin mixture from the refrigerator and whisk in heavy cream and remaining cup of almond milk. Pour mixture into an ice-cream freezer and freeze according to manufactures instructions.
When ice-cream reaches the desired consistency, transfer to a freezer-safe container with a lid. Stir in candied pecans, cover, and place container in the freezer to further harden the ice-cream.
If ice-cream is too hard to dip when it’s time to serve, allow to soften at room temperature for 10-15