- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon strips (cooked and crumbled)
- In a large skillet or pot, bring water to a boil and add the green beans.
- Let the beans boil for about 3 minutes, then cover with a lid for about 5 minutes and reduce heat to low, allowing the beans to steam and soften.
- Drain the beans and add the olive oil, red onion, lemon juice and minced garlic.
- Change the heat to medium, and saute the beans, garlic, and onions until they begin to go a little clearer.
- Add the onion salt, garlic salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and bacon until everything is heated through and well incorporated.