- 2 oz. crumbled Cotija Cheese(see notes) or use Feta if you don’t want to buy Cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozarella
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 8 eggs, beaten well
- 2 T milk or half and half (optional)
- 2 tsp. olive oil (more or less, depending on your pan)
- 1/2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (or use any all-purpose seasoning that’s good on eggs)
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado, sliced lengthwise
Crumble two ounces of Cotija cheese, slice the green onions, and beat 8 eggs with a little milk or half and half. Have some grated mozzarella cheese ready to go as well. Turn on the broiler.
Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof frying pan, add eggs, sprinkle with Spike Seasoning and fresh-ground black pepper, and let the eggs cook a few minutes. When the eggs are starting to look cooked on the edges sprinkle over the grated Mozzarella and sliced green onion and cook about 5 minutes, or until the frittata looks about half done. Slice the avocado while the eggs are cooking.
When the eggs look like they’re about half-way cooked through, lay the avocado across the top and sprinkle with Cotija Cheese. Cover the pan and cook about 3 minutes more. Put frittata under the broiler and cook 2-3 minutes more, until eggs are firm and the cheese is nicely melted and lightly browned. Serve hot.